Re: passive vs. active...usage...

Subject: Re: passive vs. active...usage...
From: puff -at- guild -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 100 18:37:48 -0500 (EST)

Mike,

> LOL....seems to me like a logical TW question. Have only been here
> a few days, so I am still getting a feel for what questions will fly
> in here and what won't.
>
> So far, I'd say this list is 95% friendly, and the small remainder
> is composed of people with attitude who get off on scolding people
> for not knowing something...or, who think that MS MOS answers
> EVERYTHING...

I appreciate the encouragement, and you're right, it is a logical
techwriting question. My comment was more about my involvement in
programming back in '95, and ever since then the majority of my posts
have had to do with odd topics like documenting APIs, source code
commenting, learning programming languages, etc. Being able to answer
a question about honest-to-god _writing_ was quite refreshing :-).

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- guild -dot- net