Re: Real Writers - WRITE

Subject: Re: Real Writers - WRITE
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:38:33 -0700

Dan Roberts wrote:

> I think I disagree on this point. Sure, you can organize information that you
> don't understand, and might use clues internal to the information to determine
> what/when/how to present information to yr reader. But the more you learn about
> yr subject matter, the more you'll know when that presentation is right, and
> when something is missing or inaccurate.

Maybe we should make a distinction about the type or depth of
knowledge needed. Depending on their audiences, writers may not need
a programmer's understanding of their subject. However, they
inevitably need an advanced user's knowledge.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"Rats bite, bees sting,