Printing from a JavaHelp Application

Subject: Printing from a JavaHelp Application
From: "Mark Osborne" <MOsborne -at- bna -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:21:14 -0400

I have an Acrobat .PDF online user's guide that I'm
considering converting to a context-sensitive help system.
My boss has asked me to look into JavaHelp because parts of
the system I'm documenting are written in Java. One of our
requirements is that users still need to be able to print
out help screens and files. I've read that previous versions
of JavaHelp didn't allow users to print at all, and that a
new version of JavaHelp has come out that permits printing.
Has anyone used this new version? Any good workarounds for
the lack of printing capability in the older version? I
guess I could always tell the users to hit [Shift] + [Print
Screen] if they see a screen they really like. That seems a
little inelegant, though.

I've been to the JavaHelp website, but I didn't see this
info readily available.

Thanks in advance.

Mark A. Osborne
mosborne -at- bna -dot- com