Re: Are we just secretaries?

Subject: Re: Are we just secretaries?
From: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:36:04 -0400

I'm afraid you've failed to make sense. Where does her being a woman enter into
the equation?
I have to agree with Bill Swallow, I don't see where civil rights were violated.
The manager just seems to have a different opinion as to what the worker's job
description is.
The notion that being called a clerk is demeaning on a civil rights/sexual
prejudice basis is ridiculous. Unless the original poster wants to add some
evidence that management treated male and female technical writers differently.
While it may be insulting/demeaning to a techwriter to be called or treated like
a secretary or clerk, we have to watch the language we use when we complain
about it. Unless you want to insult all those that do, and those that enjoy
doing, clerical/secretarial work for a living.

Eric L. Dunn

m w wrote:
>>The issue is that she demeaned her because she is
>>woman.
>>Why is this so difficult to understand?

Original post: