Re: InFrame Magazine Revived

Subject: Re: InFrame Magazine Revived
From: Eric Ray <ericjray -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:40:24 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm confused. How is this an ad? Nothing is being
> solicited. There is no
> cost for looking at this website. In fact, the
> people who contributed to the
> magazine probably worked very hard and possibly
> donated (?) their time and
> talent to contribute to this magazine.

Well, the "Contact Dennis for information about
advertising on ..." line is pretty clearly an ad
or solicitation, wouldn't you say?

>From the posting rules:

> Send all announcements, job ads, and similar
messages
> to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-

> WHAT NOT TO POST
> * If it is an ad of any sort, don't post it.
> Contact ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com about the right way
> to advertise to TECHWR-L.

You continued:
> Please clarify why a message like this is not
> allowed. Thanks.

Because ads aren't allowed.

Had the text been in response to a query like
"whatever
happened to InFrame", and been to the point, like
"here's the URL", I'd have let it slide. That said,
the people who buy ads to support this forum expect,
rightfully, that _all_ ads are paid ads, and not that
people will "just forward" a note that's clearly an
announcement/ad.

Eric

http://im.yahoo.com/