RE: Simultaneous annotation of documents: second try

Subject: RE: Simultaneous annotation of documents: second try
From: Thomas Bilbo <TBilbo -at- round1 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:33:35 -0700

Word does have a way for you to consolidate the comments and changes from
other people. It's the Track Changes feature. You can even route a copy of
the document to people in a certain order or all at the same time.

This effectively locks the document, and makes any changes to the document
visible and notes who made the change. If you have routed the document to a
list, the Office system will realize this when you open the returned
document(s) and ask if you want to incorporate the changes into the original
one. This will add the highlight/changes to the original and allow you to
accept or reject the changes.

I've used this feature quite a bit. Word has some good functionality that's
hidden due to a clunky UI. But once you know the clunks, well it's easy to
go through. HMM.. sounds like FrameMaker.. (which I hate).

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your earlier request, I've been busy trying to
hire two writers... and my attention has been off the list.

Enjoy,

Tom Bilbo
Technical Publications
Round1 - Private Capital Marketplace

Quote for the month:
"Inspiration without determination leads to no measurable action." -- as
heard on a Voice-mail greeting.