RE: Sample Writing Tests Needed

Subject: RE: Sample Writing Tests Needed
From: Jim_McAward -at- Ademco -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:49:00 -0400

John, et. al...

I use testing as a rule-out, not as a qualitative means of determining
who gets the job. I am sure that, given your resume and prior
responsibilities, you'd do plenty well - and because I test everyone,
I would test you, too.

I'll bet we could make it worth your while enough to stoop down to
writing about a pencil sharpener... after all, they got me to pee in a
cup to get this job, and I vowed I *never* would ;-)

Take care,
Jim

Author: "John Posada" <SMTP:jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> at ADEMCONET
Date: 10/18/2000 4:49 PM

> Candidates generally have no problem writing the sample -
> senior level people need to be reassured that you test everyone,
> so they don't feel singled out... and you DO need to test

Just because everyone jumped off a cliff (or drank a specific flavor
of Kool-aid) doesn't mean I would.

And I'm going to feel good that I'm being judged by the same criteria
that you judge a junior writer?