Re: The OTHER Test

Subject: Re: The OTHER Test
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:54:56 -0700

Christi Carew wrote:

> Like drug tests, I think running a credit check isn't their business either.
> Perhaps someone has some good reason why employers should run credit checks,
> but I haven't heard one.

Some time ago, Wells Fargo Bank's data processing subsidiary thought it totally
reasonable to perform credit checks on potential employees. And that makes a
certain amount of sense to me.

Drug testing has its pluses and minuses. One major flaw current tests have is
that eating a poppy seed muffin within 24 hours before the test will produce
false positives. And I happen to like poppy seed muffins and bagels. <sigh> So
much for our winning government contracts. (NOT!)

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems