Re: What do we call this button?

Subject: Re: What do we call this button?
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Newman, Sarah" <snewman -at- bechtel -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:10:01 -0700

Technically, it is a Browse button. It is supposed to be used (by the MS
standard for UI) when there is not room for a button labeled Browse.
Generally, refer to buttons by their function. Ellipse is not really a
function. Knowing that it is an Ellipse button does not help the user tie it
to an action. And it helps the user to be able to tie it to an action.

We call it the Browse button and show a picture in the margin, unless we are
writing for programmers - in that case, we simply call it the Browse button.
They get it.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org