Re: Reading Humor - makes angry

Subject: Re: Reading Humor - makes angry
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:19:05 -0400

Emru Townsend wrote:

> Bernd,
>
> I empathize. I once had to deal with a faulty motherboard that was still
> under warranty, and the store that sold it to me gave me the runaround on an
> unimaginable scale. The worst part was that whenever I had to phone, the
> cheery voice I heard while on hold insisted that they prided themselves on
> customer satisfaction and promptness. Half the time, it was the last thing
> I heard before I was inexplicably disconnected.
>
> (It should be mentioned that it was months before I ever got the motherboard
> replaced. I never did business with them again.)
>
> But this isn't really humor, is it? It's just a company pushing a friendly
> image, which isn't a bad thing. The problem is when they don't back up
> their words with deeds.

I find myself amused at those occurrences. Really now, would you rather
they had a recording playing the truth, something like: "you idiot, do
you really expect us to help you. You should know better than to buy our
____."

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)