Re: Centralization versus Decentralization

Subject: Re: Centralization versus Decentralization
From: Nancy Alvarez <naltragrp -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TechL <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

Our company just centralised its tech writers into a
publications team. We used to have one TW per software
developement team.

Politically, we have a lot more clout then we ever
had. Up until now deadlines had just been handed down
to us. We never really understood how those
unrealistic dates had been determined.

It was very dificult to get extentions on deadlines or
even give input in projects, developement schedules
etc. We were just not taken as seriously as we should
(sound familiar?).

Now things are completely different. We are a team of
10 TWs involved in all aspects of the project
developement phase. We receive our own budget and best
of all we get plan our own deadlines.

Nancy Alvarez

http://im.yahoo.com/