RE: Reading Humor - makes angry

Subject: RE: Reading Humor - makes angry
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- Paytrust -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:07:18 -0400

Which is why I regularly remind the talented folks in our Marketing group
not to tell our users to "simply" do anything in the Help. If it were simple
to do in the first place, I wouldn't be asking for help. I am constantly
weeding this kind of false cheeriness from help and troubleshooting content
I receive from them.

I am fearing the day I get something like:
"Simply reformat your hard drive, reinstall the operating system and program
software and soon you'll experience the ease of [some product to save you
time and anxiety]".

--kathleen