RE: Graphics Utilities for Callouts?

Subject: RE: Graphics Utilities for Callouts?
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- uswest -dot- net>
To: <eric -dot- peterson -at- merrillcorp -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:59:18 -0600

Eric,
For a long time I just used Word for my callouts, 'cause that's the tool I
had. As you say, there are problems with that. No graceful solution here,
sorry.

A discussion on this list enlightened me about the fact that you can use
Visio to create graphics files. Ever since, that's what I've used to do
callouts and complicated diagrams. Then I save them both as a Visio doc and
in the graphics format I want. The Visio file is still editable, and then
you just save changes on top of the old file. Visio has all the arrows,
boxes, etc., that you could want. You can use any of the shapes in the
stencils.

I wouldn't go out and get it just for doing callouts. It's expensive. But if
you've got it, it's a good option.

HTH,
Lisa Wright
Technical Writer and more.