RE: Sample Writing Tests Needed

Subject: RE: Sample Writing Tests Needed
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: colleen -dot- denardo -at- la-z-boy -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 00 09:49:29 -0500

colleen -dot- denardo -at- la-z-boy -dot- com is looking for examples of writing tests.
<I was hoping that someone out there might have a good example of a writing
test. It's tough to find experienced writers so I thought administering this
test might be helpful to find a "diamond-in-the-rough.">

a couple of years ago, when i was looking to change jobs, two consulting
companys i applied to gave writing tests. one was "how to start a car", the
other was "make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich". of course there is no
correct answer to either, but simple everyday tasks do let you focus on the
test-taker's attention to detail, command of language, and possibly, use of
graphics.

jmho,

jarnopol