RE: Portfolio vs- writing samples

Subject: RE: Portfolio vs- writing samples
From: David Downing <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>
To: 'TW posts' <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:42:16 -0400

<<As an experienced technical writer, with more than 13 years in the
profession, I find a portfolio much more useful than "writing samples.">>

I'm guessing that most folks on this list know this, but I feel compelled to
say it for the newbies out there, because *I* had to learn it the hard way.
Whatever you give your prospective employer to look at, make sure it's
package nicely. I blew an internship by submitting a set of samples stuffed
into an envelope (although I suspect they already didn't like me).