Re: Reporting to Enginrg. vs. to Marketing

Subject: Re: Reporting to Enginrg. vs. to Marketing
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <JSoukup -at- at-track -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>,<mariposa625 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:06:10 -0500

At my company, we have an autonomous tech writing group that works with several other departments, legal, marketing, sales, engineering, etc.

I was hired by the engineering department to be a documentation technician. I perform document control/management functions as well as produce engineering level installation documents.

These documents go through a typical review and approval process within engineering and considered engineering's official method of installation. These documents are then passed to the technical writing group to produce customer facing documents.

The whole thing seems redundant, but I don't mind so much. I get to spend more time doing the things I want to do and less time worrying about active voice and legal ramifications.

-Jonathan Soukup

>>> Mariposa BY <mariposa625 -at- yahoo -dot- com> 10/16/00 07:15PM >>>
I just searched the archives to see if there were
posts as to if tech writers generally report to
engineering or if they tend to be lumped in with
marketing. I found 3 posts.