RE: Word bloat?

Subject: RE: Word bloat?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:25:07 -0400

Hallo:

Some additional thoughts:

If your EPS are indeed vector, don't convert to a bitmapped format such as
TIF or BMP. If you are on a Mac, WMF might not work for you . . . and it
might not work for complex images.

I'm not sure what embedding the file in Word will do for you, I would,
instead, import the EPS by reference into your Doc file (or Fm for that
matter) to keep the Word file size down. Then, look at the memory in your
printer. Printers with little RAM will choke on EPS (I realize most
PostScript printers have realistic amounts of memory but, since RAM is
cheap, maybe a memory boost might make a dramatic difference for your
printer).

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com