RE: Free CuCat Device uses Barcodes to launch web sites

Subject: RE: Free CuCat Device uses Barcodes to launch web sites
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

Back on topic:

If we in technical writing could work with customer service and marketing just
think what we could do with this CuCat technology.

Every time a customer (user) scanned the little barcode to get more information
on a topic, all would be notified.

Would it not be cool if you could look at the database records and find out that
more than five customers were looking for more information on a given topic
because they used their CuCat to seek more information.

I for one would embrace any technology that lets me get into the head of my
customers and figure out what it is that they still do not understand. CuCat -
someday - might open the door to that knowledge.

-Barry Kieffer