looking for on line degrees

Subject: looking for on line degrees
From: Michael Davidson <Michael -dot- Davidson -at- vcint -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:59:21 +0200

Dear All,
Does anyone know where I can find a college/university (preferably on line)
where I can take a degree which takes into account my previous learning and
experience? I've had a good look around the web and can only find places
that are happy to give me a degree for a fee. This is no good to me as they
usually don't even require you to sit even one exam. I do have some pride
and standards!
I've been a professional writer for the last ten years, starting out in
print journalism. For the last five I have been writing/editing technical
documents of one sort or another so I'm trying to find something in this
sort of area but am open to offers.
Thanks, Mick