Re: Transferring files - AFTERMATH

Subject: Re: Transferring files - AFTERMATH
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:31:27 -0700 (PDT)

Some of you may remember my request for information on transfering
files between two computers via USB and I said last week that I
ordered a device from CDW called XTNDAccess IrDA USB Adapter.

Well, I unstalled it yesterday and after using it for a day, can
hoinestly say that it works.

It's a small little "eye" on the end of a USB cable about 3' long
(bought an extension because my desktop (DT) machine is on the floor
at one end of my desk and my laptop is at the other end) that flashes
every 3 seconds.

It comes with a CD of driver sw that I loaded on my DT. Becuase I
only had one serial port on my laptop, I had to deactivate my single
serial port (which I don't use anyway) because my IR port and Serial
port use the same interrupts.

I now transfer files at about 115kps, it is always active, and I drag
files to an icon to transfer them to the other machine.

I'm pleased with it. If you want more details, email me off list.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

What hair color do they put on the driver's
licenses of bald men?

http://mail.yahoo.com/