RE: So...how do I break into tech writing?

Subject: RE: So...how do I break into tech writing?
From: Elizabeth Estep <EEstep -at- mrisystem -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:44:48 -0400

Sorry to be obtuse, but what exactly is so offensive? The use of the work
foreign? All this person said, at least as I read it, was:

1 - I can't compete with the foreign trained programmers as a programmer.
2 - As a native English speaker, my English skills are probably superior to
the English skills of people who have learned English as a second (or later)
language, though not necessarily superior to their language skills in their
native (first) language.
3 - I'd like to leverage my inferior programming skills and superior English
skills to find a niche in the software field.

I can't find anything in there that implies that programmers from another
country are inferior either as programmers, users of their first language,
or people.

So, am I missing something, or are you?

Elizabeth Estep
MRI-Documentation