RE: Staff retention: how to keep 'em down on the farm?

Subject: RE: Staff retention: how to keep 'em down on the farm?
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Mike_Adams -at- summithq -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 14:13:32 PDT

From: Mike Adams <Mike_Adams -at- summithq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:14:31 -0400

Hi All,

Sufficient salary is necessary, but as Geoff said, if the place you're
working sucks, the money won't work. I love the company where I now work.
Most everyone is friendly and the atmosphere isn't too straight laced.

Enough work is a must, as well. I left my last job simply because I didn't
have enough to keep me satisfied. The money was fine, but man. Websurfing
eight hours per day sucks when it's all you have to do for weeks on end.

Especially when you also have to account for your time--by project.

Hard as it is to believe, I've just given up my work-from-home job for a drive-thru-traffic-to-the-office dot.com. It was a great summer, kind of like being on vacation most of the time, but I was getting tired of idleness and feeling like eventually they were going to catch me at it. This new place is incicentally giving me a MAJOR raise, but the eral point is, they're going to put me to use. I don't care about working for a living, but I hate wasting my time. Being at home but feeling obliged to the job, with nothing to do for weeks on end, plus the lack of communication was too much.