RE: Reflexive responses: forwarded for a colleague

Subject: RE: Reflexive responses: forwarded for a colleague
From: "Newman, Sarah" <snewman -at- bechtel -dot- com>
To: "'Hart, Geoff'" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:28:04 -0500

> Amy Griffith wrote "I know that there are some software installations
> that make you click a
> checkbox or press a certain key before you can click Next on the license
> agreement page. I think the Windows installation does this. During an
> install, a user's normal course of action is to just keep clicking Next
> until the files start copying. In these cases, you have to actually be
> aware
> that you are on the license agreement page. Of course, no one can MAKE you
> read it, but at least you know that you were responsible for agreeing to
> the
> terms.<

I once installed a program, checked the check box at the
license agreement, and clicked Next. A message box
appeared: "Whoa, you read that license agreement
quickly. Are you sure you had a chance to read it thoroughly?"
(or something like that). After the OK, it returned me to the
license agreement screen, where I then scrolled through and read
the agreement.

I don't remember the name of the program. I think it may have been
a shareware game.

Sarah Newman
Technical Writing Group
Bechtel