JavaHelp: escape from RoboHELP

Subject: JavaHelp: escape from RoboHELP
From: Martha Silverspring <silverspring9235 -at- go -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:04:37 -0700 (PDT)

I composed a help file (my first) using RoboHELP. The client wanted JavaHelp, so I generated the JH with Robo and sent them the files.

The client has gotten back to me saying they had to tweak the files by editing the code to make them work. They did some editing in the HTML.
They're in Oregon, so I can't see what they're doing.

I'm curious to learn more-- what's the best way to make Java Help for an unsophisticated newbie who isn't really sure how to work with a classpath much less Java?

I was pretty disappointed with the problems and bugs in RoboHELP and the solutions their help people proposed didn't work. What's YOUR favorite help authoring product, and do they have nice support?
Martha