Re: client/server manual

Subject: Re: client/server manual
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Andriene Ferguson <Andriene -dot- Ferguson -at- INEACORP -dot- COM>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 07:55:22 -0700 (PDT)

Andriene..

That is such a broad topic that dozens of books have been written on
this subject.

My suggestion...if you need generic manual for client/server, submit
a booklist from Amazon.com.

If you need it specific to your situation...find one that turns you
on...(visit your local B&N, Borders, etc.,) buy it and create your
manual following the structure of the book. Don't copy the book or
sections, but the TOC should give you a head start.

> I've been asked to write a client/server manual for clients who
> will be
> configuring and maintaining the client/server environment. This
> manual
> should describe client/server components and the basic architecture
> of our
> software. I am trying to map out a doc plan/TOC. However, we don't
> have an
> existing client/server manual, and I know little about the subject.
> If you
> can shed some light on the type of information that should be
> included a
> client/server manual, I would appreciate hearing from you.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com