Re: Estimating Projects

Subject: Re: Estimating Projects
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 11:52:10 -0700

Peter wrote:

> This is one of the important things one must do. I have found that
> occasionally buying ice cream for the folks in accounts payable works
> wonders. :-)

The trouble is that this kind of thing is easy to dismiss as a
blatant attempt to win someone over.
Instead of such obvious tactics: be polite and friendly, and,
when you ask a favor, make clear that you know that you are
asking a favor.

It works with office staff, too.

For that matter, it works with almost everyone else.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"Soon you'll achieve the stability you strive for,
In the only way that it's granted:
In a place among the fossils of our time."
-Jefferson Airplane (after John Wyndham)