RE: Some Commonsense re: MS/Corel Alliance

Subject: RE: Some Commonsense re: MS/Corel Alliance
From: Mike Adams <Mike_Adams -at- summithq -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:58:31 -0400

Sorry to disappoint you:

http://x64.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=663533714&CONTEXT=970678430.98828312&hitnum
=4

I noticed your name at the bottom of her post. The fact that there is a long
workaround doesn't make it "okay." That makes it advanced hoseology. It
should be seamless. M$ also has a habit of changing RTF soon after competing
products release to make the competing products filters inadequate for
importing anything from Office products. It's simply another case of their
business practices. As for FUD, who am I to FUD the masters?

Let's not do the flame war bit today. Maybe Friday ;-)

Cheers,

Mike.

Susan posted this in August:

Grabbed from Deja **************************************

RE: Needed: Visio Expertise
Date:
08/28/2000
Author:
"Susan Ahrenhold" <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>

search · next in search >>

Thanks for taking the time, Peter.

Actually, this problem occurred because the option referred to in the help
files was greyed out.
We called Microsoft tech support for $35.00 this am and got the exciting
news that there were so many changes in Visio 6 that
Visio 5 documents cannot be upgraded. The workarounds they proposed all do
not work in our environment (although they do
under many other circumstances), so we are recreating our document from an
external database. It will take about 2 weeks, but
at least we will be in the version we need to be in, with hooks now built
in for the future.

|From the "help" file.

Add Attributes dialog box options
Adds one or more attributes to the Search These Attributes list on the
Advanced tab.

Click an option bullet for more information.

Attributes
Type the attribute you want to add. If you enter more than one
attribute, separate the attributes with commas. For example, type DATA,
DYNSRC.

Tell me about...

Web site maps

I can well understand your confusion. since I just started playing with it,
I cannot go into more detail, but perhaps this will get you
started.

--
Peter