Re: Estimating Projects

Subject: Re: Estimating Projects
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:21:08 -0700 (PDT)

By the way...isn't all contracting a staged payment situation?

Example: I come to work every day to a client's office and I produce
work every day. Every week i submit a weekly status report and at the
end of each two week period, I submit a timesheet. A week later I'm
paid for it.

If I didn't get paid because the client ignored paying me? Yes, I
fold my arms and wait for a check.

What would YOUR contractors do if you stopped paying THEIR staged
payments?

--- Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> John's staged payment idea is not industry standard for
> consultants. If I had a
> tech writer who did a scope and outline and then folded his arms
> and waited for
> a check, I would probably send that person packing.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com