RE: Publish or upload- correct use of terminology?

Subject: RE: Publish or upload- correct use of terminology?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:40:39 -0700 (PDT)

To carry this further...I'm on shaky ground here and I'm pulling this
from way back in the deep dark recesses of the mind, but when you
upload a file to a UNIX system, don't you have to do something
involving a MOD command to have it available to users?

I'd assume that publishing incorporates this step where just plain
uploading wouldn't do so.

--- Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> I feel a need to weigh in on this one. (Sorry, I tried laying down,
> but the urge didn't go away. <g>>

> > I have to disagree on that one. "Publish" is just a dumbing done
> > performed by M$ when they thought up Frontpage. The term is

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com