Newbee looking for advice

Subject: Newbee looking for advice
From: R Senthilnathan <rsenthil -at- crosswinds -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:56:18 -0400

Hi All,

I decided to subscribe to this list as I am contemplating moving into
technical writing.

I have been a journalist for almost fifteen years, and have covered
various sectors, like war to development issues. I lived (and worked) in
Europe for almost ten years before moving to Canada a year ago. I have
worked for an international news agency and for Asian newspapers and
still write for the latter.

I have also done a few brochures, newsletters, and worked as an editor
for a European Union project that created a media network in 11 eastern
European countries. I also did a special writing project for a UN agency
and I think they used the features to get more funding.

As you can see, my strength is in journalism, and not on technical
writing.

I have gone through various web-sites on technical writing, and have
decided my chances of getting into the field will be as a junior
technical writer. I am very familiar with computers and the Internet
stuff, and just began going through a university level text book on
networks.

I would appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks in advance,
senthil

E-mail: rsenthil -at- crosswinds -dot- net
Homepage: http://thinker.exit.de