RE: print-prep (was: Adobe Photoshop Justification)

Subject: RE: print-prep (was: Adobe Photoshop Justification)
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 01:34:27 -0700

Bruce Byfield, <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:

> Besides the software settings, most tech-writers are very
> careless of how they use graphics. Some common problems:
>
> 1.) Moires in the screen shots.

(*snip*)

On my most recent project, all of my scroll bars had that annoying
moire effect. I complained to my supervisor, but he said there was
nothing that could be done, but I suspect otherwise.

Any ideas? This manual is to be printed in black and white (or 256
shades of gray). They looked fine on the screen, but when printed ...
:o\

> Part of the "I'm a writer, not a designer or an artist" syndrome,
> I guess.

--gdw

> --
> Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
> Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"Dammit, Jim--! I'm a tech writer, not a graphic artist!"
--Dr. L. McCoy, "Tech Writers: The First Generation"