RE: Incredibly frustrating FrameMaker/PDF problem (long)

Subject: RE: Incredibly frustrating FrameMaker/PDF problem (long)
From: Mike Adams <Mike_Adams -at- summithq -dot- com>
To: 'Berk/Devlin' <armadill -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:08:02 -0400

Hi,

Acrobat crashes are a way of life for many of us ;-)

My personal suggestion (and favorite remedy) is to hand-clean the registry
after uninstalling and then re-installing (PostScript, printers, ATM, FM,
Acrobat, in that order). I've found that most uninstall programs leave
behind a number of registry entries.

Can you make still good PostScript? Try printing the book to PDFWriter.

It could be a corrupt font that causes the hang/crash. Try removing all Type
one fonts and then adding them one at a time. If the system crashes with all
the Type 1s removed, put the Type 1s back and then attempt the procedure
with the TT fonts. Leave the system fixed fonts installed.

My other suggestion is that an upgrade to 4.0.6 is in order.

Cheers.

Systems Inc.