pdf (non) blues - they're purple

Subject: pdf (non) blues - they're purple
From: Joanne Grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: Techwriter Mail List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:25 -0700

Just when I thought I'd figured out how to do a clean PDF file, I have a
new problem. The PDF files I'm creating are accurate for every color but
a particular client-defined blue. No matter what settings I use, this
color is purple in the PDF file. It prints fine from Frame.

The specifics: FrameMaker 6.0, Windows 98, plenty of RAM, Acrobat 4.05.

I'm using the default postscript printer, but have tried other printers
and print settings. I've set the PDF options to Leave Color Unchanged,
Tag Everything for Color Management, and Use sRGB. It doesn't seem to
matter. It's only this one color. In FrameMaker, the color definition is
defined: Print as Process, Model CMYK, and Overprint is set to
Overprint.

Has anyone else had a stubborn blue?

Thanks,
-joanne

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. -Italian
proverb