RE: FrameMaker Autonumbering Question

Subject: RE: FrameMaker Autonumbering Question
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: 'Amy Robertson' <amydarby -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:37:05 -0400

Hallo:

The FrameMaker documentation goes into numbering pretty thoroughly, though I
agree it could be clearer. FrameMaker 5.5.6 for Dummies, by Sarah O'Keefe
and IDG books, is a better bet . . . don't be put off by the Dummies title.

Anyway, you seem to be well on the right track. In short, create two styles.
One for the first number in your numbered list. Set its numbering properties
to <n=0> Don't forget a \t tab if you need one and any ) punctuation. The
second style should be for every number after the first, and would use <n+>
in the numbering properties.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com