Re: Photo on Resume site or "Gee, get a load of my navel"

Subject: Re: Photo on Resume site or "Gee, get a load of my navel"
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:27:53 -0400

>Some companies, particularly large companies, more particularly large companies
that have signed consent decrees with the EEOC, will immediately reject your
resume if it contains a photo of you, because the photo silently volunteers
information that the company is not allowed to be cognizant of, specifically
your race and sex

well, couldn't they tell that at the interview, anyway? Although, yeah, going to
an interview and thinking you were turned down because of race/sex/etc is
probably easier to prove than thinking you were turned down by a web site photo.
Unless, you don't reveal the web address until you've already applied.

foolish mortals, tangled webs, and all that...