Re: Pray for me

Subject: Re: Pray for me
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kat,

I think you've received a number of excellent

1. Set the record straight. There's no way in Hell
you'll get this done by Thursday that will be good
enough to satisfy the purpose. Though you did mention
that this is a prototype, your help system will
directly contribute to the usability of the product.
If the prototype is to be tested in mock simulations
(as I'm sure it will), poor documentation/help is not
going to help the prototype along. You need to express
that the source document was created haphazardly with
no regard for uniformity in design or future
enhancement. Basically, you're trying to reconstitute
fruit from a smoothie.

2. Spend time stylizing the manual. Or, have someone
do it for you while you lay out the groundwork for the
Help.

3. Spend time learning about HTML Help. Visit Web
sites, buy books and ask questions here and at
winhlp-l.

4. Keep the resume polished. Not "just in case", but
for your own benefit. If you can't get #1-#3 to work
for you, this #4 is your best ticket to a better
situation.

Good luck!

=====
Bill Swallow