Re: Tech writing situation

Subject: Re: Tech writing situation
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:27:03 -0700 (PDT)

<snip>
Our job is not PRIMARILY to be respected..our job
is to do your job and with it will come the
respect.
</snip>

Exactly. You made your reservations known (hopefully
in a complete and business-appropriate manner). New
Marketing Guy (the next member of the X-Men?) knows
you went to bat for him and the company. The best you
can do is offer assistance the best you can and keep
your finger on the pulse of the project. It ain't your
baby, but it may be if the Marketing Guy proves to the
CEO through example that he can't handle it. You may
be sent in to clean up.

As far as being snubbed by the CEO, I can't comment on
that either way. I don't know your track record, your
relationship with the CEO, the nature of the project
or any other environmental factors. You're on your own there.

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
PowerAdz.com