RE: embedded dictionary?

Subject: RE: embedded dictionary?
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:53:09 -0400

"Melissa Medore" wrote:

>Doesn't this exist already? Under Spelling and Grammer dialog box, select
>Options, you will see a section where you are able to select your own custom
>dictionary.

Yabbut...

I'm mind-reading a bit here, but what I think the developer wants is for you to be able to send me the document file, and have YOUR custom.dic entries for that document embedded or, better yet, thisdocument.dic, so MY spell-checker accepts your words.

Say you're part of a development team. You are writing a software design specification. You list the names of all the variables, message types, whatever, that belong to the module you are documenting. You send me the document for review (or, more important, to use in writing code). How do I know whether you inadvertently mistyped one instance of a critical word? Maybe there are two variables that differ by only one character. If everything has red squiggly lines under it, I'm not going to know. If the "embedded dictionary" knows that all but one are spelled correctly, then I'll just see that one squiggly red line and be able to check with you about it.

I think the question is an interesting one. Maybe one of the Word gurus can figure out a way to attach the thisdocument.dic and have it install itself in the recipients dictionary folder.