VUE vs Sylvan testing..? MOUS & A+..?

Subject: VUE vs Sylvan testing..? MOUS & A+..?
From: "Diana Barnum" <dbarnum -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 09:29:27 -0400

Hi,
I have a couple beginner questions about certification...

1. I noticed there are 2 testing centers for Microsoft; Sylvan Prometric &
VUE. Are there any differences in these 2 - advantages, pricing, quality,
etc,,?

2. To become certified in MS Office 97 or 2000, do you need to take only 1
exam, or 5 different ones (Access, Excel, Word, etc.?) to be called MOUS
certified?

3. What do you recommend for beginners trying to break into the technical
field : A+ certification first?

Thanks,
Diana Barnum, Independent Consultant
Moving Ahead Tech

Moving Ahead Tech: for all computer needs:
http://www.handtech.com/mat
Hardware,software,supplies, learning aids..
51 new classes...3 FREE !