RE: "Bug" reporting for documentation?

Subject: RE: "Bug" reporting for documentation?
From: Stephen -dot- MacDonald -at- Aspect -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:32:16 -0400

I find myself chuckling over this one when in another thread we've been
discussing productivity. If you want to ensure productivity takes a
nosedive use a bug reporting tool to track all comments, recommended
changes, etc. to docs still under development.

Comparing a document being developed or updated with a released document is
apples and oranges. Where problems in released documents have been tracked
formally, I have found it a great help in managing document maintenance. If
I had to interact with tracking software for every comment or suggestion
made about a draft, however, I think I'd quit and flip burgers for a living.
That process should be worked out between the writer and reviewers.

Steve MacDonald
Aspect Communications, Inc.