Usability Survey

Subject: Usability Survey
From: salatas <salatas -at- micron -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:09:48 -0600

There have been many messages lately about usability testing, and my team
would like to start moving in that direction. We'd like to start by
gathering some data on user preferences via an online survey. (Do you use
online help? Printed manuals? etc.) We're trying to get educated about
surveys in general, and yes, we realize some of the pitfalls and
limitations.

Has anyone done this kind of survey? What were your experiences?

A bit of background: the writers in my group document mostly internally
written applications for an internal audience of up to 15,000 employees.

Thanks!

Salette Latas
salatas -at- micron -dot- com