bye...

Subject: bye...
From: CBamber -at- castek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:15:53 -0400

All,
Before I sign off, I just want to say a huge public thank you for all the
help, inspiration, and support I've received from the Techwr-l community
over the last 6 years or so.

So on to a new role. In the last two years, I've gone from tech writer
manager to project manager. As of this week, I'm assigned to design and
implement a 15 month quality program - overseeing multiple projects to
figure out and implement strategic quality management and to get everyone
in our organization aligned. And I have to train a functional manager to
take over when I'm done with the set up. This is a key, high visibility
role that touches every part of the organization and that is really going
to be a stretch for me. As well, I'm keeping my "Next New Thing" assignment
- managing assessment and occasionally implementation of strategic
initiatives (this is the funnest job I've ever had - no way I was giving it
up!). Don't let anyone tell you that tech writing is a dead end career
choice!

Even though I haven't been working at techwriting at all for the last 10
months or so, I've not been able to "let go" of this list. After all, what
else will I read with my breakfast when I get to the office in the morning?
But I guess it's time.... I'm actually feeling quite sentimental... <sigh -
so I'll now stop blathering>

Eric, this is such an outstanding and important resource. I don't think you
get nearly enough credit for your hard work and commitment. Thank you!

So, keep well, everybody - and keep in touch.

Candace
----------------Putting the Future Together------------------

Candace Bamber
mailto:cbamber -at- castek -dot- com
416-777-2550 X 331

Castek
221 Front Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 1E8