The perfect screenshot

Subject: The perfect screenshot
From: David Strausfeld <david -dot- strausfeld -at- emotion -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:42:11 -0400

Hi, all.

What's the best method for creating screenshots? The way I'm currently
doing it is with SnagIt. I save the captured screen as a .bmp file and
then import it into the document (MS Word). Sometimes I take a detour
through Photoshop to touch up the image.

This method produces screenshots that look great in the printed document.
The problem is, they look horrible on the screen when I convert the
document to PDF. (I've messed around with the Adobe Acrobat settings and
still can't get them to look right.) Is there some method that will
produce screenshots that look good both in print and online?

Appreciate your thoughts,

Dave Strausfeld
Vienna, VA
(Weather report: 84 degrees and sunny, and not humid for once.)