Re: IE 5 *required* for accessing a web site?!

Subject: Re: IE 5 *required* for accessing a web site?!
From: "Krezel, Lillian" <Lillian -dot- Krezel -at- midata-ebs -dot- com>
To: "'jwilcox -at- tcsi -dot- com'" <jwilcox -at- tcsi -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:10:42 -0400

Dear John,

> I just went to dataloom.com to check out the company,

This sounds fairly strange to me too. Being curious, and on my lunch break,
I went
to the dataloom site -- I have IE5.

Of course, my browser displayed their home page straightaway, BUT -- I think
their narrow browser requirement is only the first limiting oddity. They
give 2
paragraphs of company ID statement, beginning with:

> Dataloom, Inc. has developed a framework to deploy an exceptional
information
> management solution for small to medium enterprise users (SME's).

This definition of SME is certainly different from the "subject-matter
expert"
I think of, but ok, whatever.

Here's the BUT. They have no links or other info on this page, except a
login
box that asks for an e-mail addy and password. Wonder why they would want
that just so I can browse their site? Will I get to make up a password?
There
is no "guest" option. Are they keeping info? Planting cookies? Planning to
spam me? What is the big ecret? Their motto in the header says "Information
Services for the World Wide Web" but their home page seems anti-informative.

Good luck.
Lili