Auto numbering in Page numbers

Subject: Auto numbering in Page numbers
From: "Shweta G Bhatia" <shwetagbhatia -at- dominomail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:14:15 GMT

Hi all !!

I am facing a weird problem in MS-Word 97. I have a document where the pages
are numbered in the format 'Page X of Y'. Now every time I make changes in
the document the 'Y' appears as 1 (one) though the number of total pages are
more. Thus it would appear as 'Page 34 of 1'. Everytime I have to update this
field to get the right figure. Could you please decipher what is the problem
and suggest me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Shweta G Bhatia
Technical Writer