tabs and all that it implies

Subject: tabs and all that it implies
From: "John Prince" <JPrince -at- e-talkcorp -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 9:55 -0500

" Say I have a dialog box that has a series of tabs. When I click
on a tab, what do I call the new "piece" of screen
displayed that was previously hidden?"

Technically, it's a page (or a tabbed page). However, I believe in end-user
documentation you should still call it a tab.

For example: "On the Football dialog box, click the Cowboys tab . . . "

Then, when you reference it again, it's still a tab.

For example: "You can call this function on the Cowboys tab". . . or "On the
Cowboys tab, select the 2001 SuperBowl option button."

This cause less confusion than calling it the Cowboys tab at one point, and then
calling it the Cowboys page at another point (remember, it really is only *one*
element).

At least that's my opinion.

-jp

Teknekron Infoswitch is now e-talk Corporation. Visit our website at www.e-talkcorp.com.