Microsoft Access Problems

Subject: Microsoft Access Problems
From: "Jazzmyne Richardson" <jazzmyne11 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 06:11:20 PDT

I was wondering if anyone had any experience using Microsoft Access 2000. One of the projects that I am working on requires me to create a database of personnel that includes all of their contact information and picture as well as the major projects that the person is working on. The trick is that the database has to have the ability to sort through the employees based on their projects, title or department name because it will be used internationally as a way to give the partner countries the ability to see who they will be working with in the future. Because many of the people have multiple project and thus multiple items in the project field, I have not been able to get the program to filter through the entire field. It will only bring up those people who only have that one item listed in the project box, and only if I put the exact name that is in the field in the filter. For example, if I enter Project 1, it only brings up those people who have exactly Project 1, but I need it to also bring up those people who are Project 1 Lead. Are you starting to see my problem?? If you know of any way that I can manipulate Access to do what I want please let me know or if you even know of a program that will do exactly what I am asking that would be a great help also. Please keep in mind that this will eventually be linked to a web site and must be a searchable file. (Also, I do not know HTML or any other web based programming so that's kind of eliminated).