RE: 1099 -- What to ask?

Subject: RE: 1099 -- What to ask?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Stephen -dot- MacDonald -at- Aspect -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:44:03 -0700 (PDT)

What's the matter with going for an employment condition where you
CAN have more than just the "really necessary things"; the cell phone
with bells and whistles, house on the river, lobster BBQs, multiple
credit cards with no balance (OK, a little balance...it was a holiday
weekend, but it will get paid off this month), money in the bank, two
caribean vacations per year, side trips to Bed&Breakfasts, dining out
2 or 3 times a week, money in pocket, investment portfolio AND
freedom?

Freedom has nothing to do with how much you are making...it has to do
with knowing that you can command good rates AND JUSTIFY THOSE RATES
to your client or employer, and can repeat it at will.

Must we work under conditions where we only treat ourselves to the
minimum? Is there something wrong with treating ourselves to the
things that make us happy if we can afford them?

OTOH...you're right..

> balance, and money in the bank: Freedom and independence having
> nothing to
> do with how you earn your money.

Therefore, I choose to go for the rate and have the toys...I did
without them once...it wasn't nearly as much fun.

And this is my only contribution to this thread.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811

Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines
with Braille lettering

http://invites.yahoo.com/