Terminology Q: Clicking on a tab displays a ?

Subject: Terminology Q: Clicking on a tab displays a ?
From: Paul Moloney <paulmoloney -at- sepro -dot- ie>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:22:39 +0100

Hi there,

I'm seeking a piece of terminology. Say I have
a dialog box that has a series of tabs. When I click
on a tab, what do I call the new "piece" of screen
displayed that was previously hidden? It's not
a new dialog box, but I can't call it "tab" since that
suggests only the, er, "sticking-up" bit with the label

Thanks in advance,


Paul Moloney,
Technical Writer,
Sepro Telecom International Ltd.,
Dublin, Ireland.

paulmoloney -at- sepro -dot- ie

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'sir' without
adding, 'you're making a scene.'" -- Homer Simpson

Ph: +353 1 2964428 extn 137
Fx: +353 1 2964431
Mob: +353 87 2695 384


Confidentiality Notice:
This message may contain proprietary and valuable product and trade
information of Sepro Telecom International Limited of Unit 7 Floor 1,
Dundrum Business Park, Windy Arbour, Dublin 14, Ireland. We assert our
copyright to any proprietary information supplied, to our proprietary
product descriptions and architectures and we emphasise that none of the
information is for disclosure to any third-party without our express
written permission.

Previous by Author: RE: "Bug" reporting for documentation? [long]
Next by Author: Followup: Terminology Q: Clicking on a tab displays a ?
Previous by Thread: Re: [wwp-users] Problems with WWP 6.0.4 and 6.0.5
Next by Thread: Re: Terminology Q: Clicking on a tab displays a ?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads