Pre-Packaged Web Glossary Software

Subject: Pre-Packaged Web Glossary Software
From: Karen Toast <karen -dot- toast -at- watchguard -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:41:57 -0700

We are considering implementing a glossary to support our Web publications
and knowledge base. The glossary would enable us to link terms and phrases
to a separate "definition window." This window would repopulate as the
reader clicked new terms. This type of a glossary is increasingly common on
many support sites.

While we could build an application in-house to serve this function, I was
wondering if there are any shrink-wrap applications to support Web-based
glossary functionality. And if so, does anyone have any experience or advice
to offer regarding selecting and implementing one?

Please direct any replies directly to me, and I'll post a summary. Thanks!

Toast

Karen Toast Conger
WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
(206) 613-6602
karen -dot- toast -at- watchguard -dot- com <mailto:karen -dot- toast -at- watchguard -dot- com>